Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years 2012

Happy New Year to everyone!


We had a quiet evening at home and our neighbors came over to celebrate the New Year with us.



I kept my tree up and turned it into a "New Year's Tree". I took off the Christmas ornaments and put on Party Horns and Balloons. Inside the balloons I put Jokes, Quarters, and some Hershey Kisses. At midnight (or 10:00 which is when the kids celebrated), the kids got to pop the balloons and find their treasures.



Bryan making homemade pizza crust :)



Everyone enjoying their pizza and Orange Julius



I did a treasure hunt for the kids to let them run off their energy, and had the prize end under the "New Year's Tree". Here's Carter, Chayce, and Zach finding the Treasure.



Carter hoarding as many balloons as he can.....until I ruined it for him and told him to take one at a time. He was successful though, and found the $1 Jackpot!



Chayce was making me laugh because she was trying to pop the balloon with the pin, but cover her ears at the same time. She couldn't figure out how to do that with only two hands!



Jumping on the balloon is always a good way to pop it :) Too bad Paige didn't weigh enough to be successful!

I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year! We have some tough challenges this year with Bryans job, but we have so much to be greatful for. Family, Health, Friends, Home, the list goes on and on! I'm so greatful for my wonderful kids who make me smile everyday, and a great husband who makes me feel loved.

No comments: