Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chicken Pox and Potty Training

Hailey's cousin Jack had the chicken pox when he was here over Christmas. Unfortunately Hailey got it from him. The past three days Hailey has been miserable. She has been vaccinated for it, so we didn't think they would bother her too badly, but we were wrong! The first two nights she barely slept because she was so itchy and uncomfortable. Pretty much here whole body from her chest to the bottom of her feet are covered. Luckily today they started to scab over, and they are healing up. It's the worst when your kids are in pain and you can't do anything to help them! The first night that she had them, I slept in her bed with her so that I could reapply medicine every little while. After several hours of her sliding her feet along her sheets trying to itch her legs, I looked over at her and said "Honey, I'm sooo sorry that you are itchy."
Hailey then gave me the sweetest smile, rubbed my shoulder with her hand and said "Mommy, it's okay. I'll be okay mommy." What a sweetheart. She's comforting ME when she's the one in pain!

On a brighter note, Hailey is finally potty trained! She's been going on the potty for about a week, and doing pretty good as long as I remember to remind her to go! Today as she was going, I walked into the bathroom to check on her and she looked at me and said in the most excited voice, "Mommy, I'm potty trained!!!!!"

No comments: