Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th Of July 2012


Waiting for the Lewiston Parade to start...
(Carter brought his own little flag and carried it with him.  The old couple next to us at the parade were thrilled that a young boy thought to do that!)





 Parade is all done, with oodles of candy to share!


 Later in the day we headed over to my parents house for some dinner.  I was helping my mom make some deviled eggs and asked her for some paprika.  This is what she handed me...........
Can you guess the date this paprika was made????
I'll give you a clue.....
It's older than me....
It's older than my brother.....
And it's older than my oldest brother....

Yep, it's 37 years old!!!!!  Made in 1975!  I don't think Mom uses Paprika too much, do you?
Can you guess what she will be getting oodles and oodles of for Christmas?
Yep, lots of fresh 2012 Paprika!!!!


After dinner we let Carter do a few fireworks in Grandma and Grandpa's driveway.  Carter has been saving his money for awhile, and last week went and spent it all on fireworks.  Then he was SUPER BUMMED when our city outlawed all fireworks because of all the fires.  At least he was able to use some of them. Actually today it is raining as we speak, so maybe he'll get lucky and the ban will be lifted!

Later we headed to our friends house to watch the Hyrum fireworks, which the kids barely payed attention to!  They were too busy running around and being silly :)  I thought they were pretty cool though!

No comments: