Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend 2012





My Mother's Day Weekend started out with Carter's Scout-A-Rama on Saturday.  We have never been to one of these so we weren't sure what to expect, but it was really cool!  There were tons of different activities and they were all free which was nice!




Hailey checking out the firetruck that was there...





There was a fun game set up with teams and you got to throw these darts at the other team while trying to protect yourself with these cool shields.  Carter loved this one!








Carter climbed up onto this rope bridge and realized his arms weren't quite long enough to hold on and get acrossed.  These nice guys were trying their best to help him reach, but it just wasn't happenin'!  Luckily there was a smaller one set up next to it that he was able to do!







Makin' an airplane and testing it flight skills...



Love these kiddos...






We went to Scott and Eryn's house to BBQ that evening and my friend Tia drove my car so that I could ride with Bryan.





Carter has such a sweet and sensitive spirit.  He made this planter and flower at scouts about 2-1/2 weeks before Mother's Day.  He kept it hidden in his room and everyday would ask how many days until Mother's Day.  Sunday morning I heard him sneak into my room really early, and I noticed him looking at me to see if I was awake.  He would come check every couple minutes, but was nice not to disturb me.  After a few minutes I got up and went into the bathroom.  He ran in as fast as he could and gave me this cute planter.  He was sooooo excited to give it to me!  What a sweetheart!  It's these moments that truly make parenting worth it!




On the way to church Bryan talked Carter into riding with him.  Carter was so nervous, but after he got there, he was excited!

After church, Bryans mom came up and we had BBQ'd chicken and went up Providence Canyon for a little bit.  Bryan also made us homemade Stawberry Rubarb Pie.....MMM good!

No comments: