Thursday, May 23, 2013

Our new additions....


 I have been learning more and more about natural foods and wanting to implement them into my families diet.  The more I learn about all of this processed food that we are putting into our bodies scares me!  One of those is eggs.  I have a few friends that have started raising chickens to get their own eggs, so I decided to give it a shot!  We picked out 7 chickens and together and we named them.  Hailey named hers Hazel; Carter named two Jack and Mack; I named mine Henny Penny; Bryan named the rest Popeye, KFC and Chester.

 When they were just a few days old some of them got "butt paste" so this is Bryan helping one out :)  Who knew we would be wiping chicken bums :)


 I couldn't believe how fast they grew.  I would come check on them every couple hours, and you could literally see that they had grown just in a couple hours.


 Hailey holding Popeye or Chester (Can't tell unless I can compare the white spot on their heads!)


 We kept them in the basement for a couple weeks and then moved them to the shop outside.This was their first time outside exploring on the grass and they loved it.




 Carter-Before

 Carter-After!!!
For some reason they always poop on Carter!


They have already tripled in size since I took these pictures!  This weekend we will be building a chicken coop.  I can't wait until this Fall when we will get yummy organic eggs!

No comments: