Saturday, February 20, 2010

Carter's 6th Birthday Party

We did a GI Joe Boot Camp theme for Carters party this year. It turned out really well, and I think everyone had a good time. These pictures are not in order, so if my rambling doesn't make sense, that's why! Above is Hailey with her Aunt Eryn. They were playing peek-a-boo under the camo netting, and Hailey had the cutest little giggles.

After the friends went home Grammy, Papa, and Uncle Mark came up for Pizza and Cake.

My favorite peeps

Aunt Eryn and my cute niece Izzy


Kai, Daxton, and Carter


We played lots of games, did a fun obstacle course, a pinata, and at the end the kids got a medal and a Certificate of Achievement


This is Gavin on the balance beam which was part of the obstacle course. Bryan and Mike acted as "Drill Sergeants" and they were hilarious! They did a great job!

Daxton crawling under the beam

The Drill Sergeants teaching the kids how to "Stand Attention"
It was pretty funny. This was towards the first of the party, and I was a little nervous they were going to scare some of the kids!
All of the kids were issued a weapon, a personalized dog tag, and helmet when they got here. Then their faces were painted.


All of us minus Aunt Eryn.


My beautiful mom, Izzy, and Hailey. I LOVE this picture! Beautiful girls for sure!


Bryan got a bunch of camo nets from Smith & Edwards. We draped them throughout the house. This is one we put on the stairs, so you had to crawl to get down.

My Tank Creation


My big 6 year old(actually not quite yet. We celebrated his birthday early so he has a few more days)
Thanks to everyone who made the trip up here. Carter had a blast!






3 comments:

Greg and Lindsay said...

Looks like so much fun!! I am sorry we had to miss it. What a fun idea!

Amy said...

That's a super impressive party!!! Can you come plan ours this September? What fun!

-Melissa- said...

What a fun birthday party! Looks like Carter had a great time. Happy Birthday Carter!!